(man, I love me some alliteration)
Cotton Yarn, I used Peaches & Cream in the Daisy Ombre
US10 Straight Needles
Casting On (CO)
Increases by knitting into front and back of stitch (Kfb)
Yarn overs (YO)
Decreases by knitting two stitches together (K2tog)
Binding Off (BO)
Cast On 1 stitch
Rows 1 – 6: Knit into the front and the back of the very first stitch, then knit the remaining stitches to the end of the row. You will have 7 stitches at the end of Row 6
Rows 7 – 39: Knit 3, YO, knit the remaining stitches to the end of the row. You will have 40 stitches at the end of Row 39
Rows 40 – 73: Knit 2, K2tog, YO, K2tog, then knit the remaining stitches to the end of the row. Continue until you 7 stitches remaining
Rows 74 – 80: K2tog, then knit remaining stitches. Continue this until 1 stitch remains
Cut yarn, then Bind Off by pulling yarn tail through last remaining stitch. Weave in your two yarn ends. Options: You can weave a ribbon through the eyelet holes created by the Yarn Overs or leave as is.
The S5 (above) took only a couple of hours, and that was a couple hours of me knitting, then setting it down and forgetting where I put it, watching Stargate(s), then remembering I was knitting, looking for it, finding it, knitting on it some more, then repeating. Your time may vary depending on your power of forgetfulness.
Speaking of Stargate(s)….. I have a guilty pleasure… I watch Stargate Atlantis for this guy…. Its not who you think…….Its the Scottish Doctor. I could listen to him talk nonsense medical jargon all day… and in fact, I did. He’s like the average man Gerard Butler….. nice.
Anywho, I was thinking recently that meme I last filled out was interesting. It was the 6 Weird Things Meme that I was tagged by pinsandneedles for. Then it got me to thinking, I’m not just weird now, I’ve always had weird things. Then I got to really thinking, and I wondered about the weird things I did as a kid and why. I mean… now you know why you did stuff then… right? So, same rules, 6 Weird Things You Did As A Kid and Why…….. I’ll start, I’m not afraid……. anymore ……….
1. I used to align myself to sleep in the exact middle of my bed which was the top bunk. I would spend forever getting just right so that if my little sister in the bottom bunk turmed into a tentacled monster… she couldn’t reach me with her tentacles and pull me to my death.
2. I had a blankie til I was ohhhhhhh 14 (shut up). BUT, when I was a kid I would fold my blanket up into a long rectangle, then place it over my neck so that it looked pretty much like a teddy bear patterned neck brace. I then slept with my head under the pillow. Why? So that if a monster looked into my bed it would appear as if there was no kid there (nevermind that kid shaped lump beneath the covers, right?). But if the monsters weren’t fooled by the pillow trick… at least I was safe from vampires… because my neck was covered by the blankie.
3. I would make this amazing leap from the bunk bed ladder to the doorway (going up and down) because, very much like #1 I wanted to avoid being dragged to my death by my little sister who was surely a tentacle monster in disguise.
4. When walking to school I would streak across the front lawn avoiding the bushes right in front of my house…..because I was certain that something evil resided in there- most likely a werewolf. I even used to secretly carry a flashlight in my backpack that I would whip out on the front porch, and shine into the hollow of the bushes. Hopefully the C battery powered beam was strong enough to keep the growling snarling vicious drool dripping werewolf at bay until I could run to the safety of the sidewalk- 15 feet away. As I ran past, I know I heard it start to come after me and I would tear off like my ass was on fire. Truth be told, I did this until 8th grade, where I finally looked behind me and saw that I was indeed being chased by a growling snarling vicious drool dripping….. possum…. which chased me to the complex’s parking lot and a bit beyond. I was still wary of the bushes for a long time after that, but I was somewhat comforted by the fact that should it come back out I could attempt to beat it to death with my Social Studies book.
5. I disliked sleeping on the floor at my Grandma’s house becuase I was sure evil demonic mice that lived beneath the couch would get me…… because I was certain I could see the sulphurous glowing of their infernal eyes under there. I hated going into the basement by the steps because I was certain that something beneath the steps would grab my foot between the slats of the step. And I left the bathroom door cracked open to make a quick and hasty retreat after I went so that the things right outside the bathroom window couldn’t get me….. unbeknowest to me at the time, it was simple accoustics that I was hearing, and not a slavering pack of monstorous hillbeasts outside the almost always open window.
6. After having read numbers 1-5…. know this….. my parents never allowed me to watch scary movies or shows. All that scary stuff I got on my own.
So there you go, if you want to be tagged consider yourself so.