But I have been doing alot of rearranging lately, like this blog and in my house. Yesterday, I spent a good portion of the day stealing the shelf from the kitchen so I can use it for my crafting supplies and leaving the kitchen with my old meager crafting shelf.
Clearly you can tell I’m a crafter, since I chose to have my crafting shelf be bigger than the shelf to hold my food. Who needs food? Clearly I need the space for my yarn.
I’m still arranging stuff on this here blog. Like I lost a good bit of linkage and buttons, its just a chore getting them all back from wherever I got them.
When not tearing up the house in reorganization, I’ve been sweater harvesting for my yarn empire. While I realize that I could just go to the store and buy yarn, I have been forced to regulate myself on a yarn budget. Gasp! I know. As well, you can’t deny the appeal of a sweater’s worth of yarn for $3 rather than $35 (and that’s from Kntpicks!). I think some hooligans have been clued in to my source though, since there was a severe lack of wool sweaters at the Southside Goodwill- but I did find a nice selection to play with. Like this cotton pretty that will provide ample stripe-age:
I am currently working with my sweater problem child… this yarn:
That would be my cell phone case and thumb for size reference. That is 2/3 of one sleeve. The issue? I have a sneaking suspicion that the 1% Lycra Spandex it lists on its tag is this stuff:
I seriously hate this stuff. I have to stifle my gag reflex if I accidently touch a spider web nowadays… this stuff is just evil. And its not just at the cuffs and edges…. oh no…. its knitted throughtout the entire sweater. So, as I unravel a piece, I pull the yarn one way and ball that stuff up in the other hand. As well its kind of hard to tell in this pic, but when I first looked at the sweater I thought having a nice chunky cotton would be sweet. Except this is no chunky weight yarn, its two yarns knitted at the same time.
See? I told you, problem child.
So I unravel so far…. ditch the cobweb lycra with a weird contorted bejeezus dance, pull the two strands apart, ball one strand then attach and ball the second…. on one hand I’m getting serious amounts of mileage of cottony pink yarn… on the other its a complete butt load of work with no swift or ball winder. I may get pushed over the edge…… but before I go rampantly falling over edges of madness….
My Blogiversary contest!!!
So in recognition of my blog’s being around for a year… here goes:
I would like a button for either my blog or my shop or one to use for both (both have the same name… how easy is that?!) that sort of goes with the new setup around here. Now, you can make the button yourself and send it to me at stephieface (at) hotmail (dot) com with ‘Stephieface Button’ in the title -OR- you can leave a comment with a description of any ideas you have for said button.
All entries must be received by Ocotober 5th, and the winner will be announced October 6th.
The winner will receive a skein of brand newish (it may have been sitting about, languishing and eating grapes) untouched yarn in my stash… most likely from Knit Picks- unless you are totally allergic to wool then I will give you something from my acrylic stash…. AND if you actually go through all the trouble to use your mad skillz and make a button, in addition to the yarn if you win you also get a knitting bag/purse made by me for you (you don’t get too much say, except like ‘I totally hate yellow’).
Weeeeeeeeee. So there you go. My only restriction…. no pics of lady parts.
I so totally forgot to add! I got this template from this site. They have about 20 or so free Blogger templates, of which all look pretty awesome. There is even a green argyle one to match this one. Sadly I have no knowledge of “html” or “Other cool useful things I could use to make the internet better”… but there you go. Remember if you use one of the templates you will lose anything you added extra to your original template- like links, and sidebar sections. Also when you first apply the template it won’t look sweet at all- you will have to apply images to the coding to make it work(the background, the header, and all the bullets are each a seperate image). Like I just loaded the images up on Blogger (like regular old photos), published my “dump post” (if you like you can see it…. titled ‘oh Yeah”) then I had to have two windows open- one with my template ready to edit, and the other at the dump post with the images- and when it came to a certain phrase…. you cut and paste the web address for the appropriate image from one window and paste it over the phrase in the first. Then you have to go back and add once more your links and buttons.
But there you go if you too are looking for a change.